I am an active duty servicemember. Am I entitled to any exemptions or discounts?

First, thank you for your service and your family's service to our country! It is our honor to serve you.

For motor vehicle property taxes, you may be exempt from paying if you are stationed in Beaufort County, but South Carolina is not your State of record. For more information, please contact the Beaufort County Auditor’s Office, the team responsible for car tax calculations. They can be reached at BeaufortCountyAuditor@bcgov.net or by calling 843-255-2500.

For other discounts, also called exemptions, please check out the South Carolina Department of Revenue's Exemption Property team, which is responsible for accepting applications for property tax exemptions. On their site, you can find a lot of information about the property tax exemptions you may be eligible for, but the best summary can be found in their application instructions.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 7 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Pay Now
Pay now, sign up for e-billing, and more!
Our helpline hours:
8:30am - 4:30pm EST Monday to Friday; except Wednesdays 9:30am - 4:30pm EST
Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram
Get the latest news and updates.